Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Talk...

So it happens every year. You don't know when or where or who will bring it up, but eventually one of your students will ask you.
It happened to me today. Day 13 of school. This is how it went.
My class and I wee out on the playground when a flock of my girls ran to me and grabbed me to help save them from the boys that were chasing them. One of my girls screamed, "Save me, Mommy." To which I replied, "I'm not your Mommy." Then another one of my girls asked, "Do you have any kids?" "No," I tell her, "no kids." "What?! You don't have any kids?" Then those 3 joyful words came out of her mouth..."Are you married?" "No, I'm not married." "Why aren't you married?" "I don't know...you better go play because we only have 10 more minutes of recess left."
Oh joy!!! I love being reminded of my singleness by my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment